Tuesday, April 8, 2014

sightless

a nervous hopefulness sometimes dejection
i see all my advice rushing past me
amidst this darkness and sheer pain..
i find myself looking for that chink of light
not outside.. but deep within me
that will help me survive
and help keep that smile
maybe sightless
but with a unique sparkle and shine
it isn't easy.. yet what is so difficult
amidst waves of despair and hope
i swim on this momentary tide
i might not see the stars shining
but can still enjoy the stardust
so much more than all else
i might not see the people so clearly
yet i wonder.. is that so true
no i refuse to go under
it's my eye that is injured
i refuse to impair my soul
tentative, hopeless, hopeful
nervous and scared
i walk this lonely path
fighting with myself.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment